1. Garside JR, Nhemachena JZ. A concept analysis of competence and its transition in nursing. Nurse Educ Today. 2013;33(5):541–5. Epub 2012/01/20. doi: 10.1016/j.nedt.2011.12.007 22257583.
2. Watson R, Stimpson A, Topping A, Porock D. Clinical competence assessment in nursing: a systematic review of the literature. Journal of advanced nursing. 2002;39(5):421–31. Epub 2002/08/15. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2648.2002.02307.x 12175351.
3. Aari RL, Tarja S, Helena LK. Competence in intensive and critical care nursing: a literature review. Intensive & critical care nursing. 2008;24(2):78–89. Epub 2008/01/22. doi: 10.1016/j.iccn.2007.11.006 18206373.
4. Lakanmaa RL, Suominen T, Perttila J, Ritmala-Castren M, Vahlberg T, Leino-Kilpi H. Basic competence in intensive and critical care nursing: development and psychometric testing of a competence scale. Journal of clinical nursing. 2014;23(5–6):799–810. Epub 2013/01/22. doi: 10.1111/jocn.12057 23331409.
5. Ministry of Health LaW. Survey on Health Care Facility and Hospital Report 2017 2017 [cited 2019 04/21]. Available from: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/list/79-1a.html.
6. JapaneseNursingAssociation. Nursing in Japan 2016 [cited 2019 01/12]. Available from: https://www.nurse.or.jp/jna/english/nursing/index.html.
7. Shime N. Clinical and investigative critical care medicine in Japan. Intensive care medicine. 2016;42(3):453–5. Epub 2016/01/15. doi: 10.1007/s00134-015-4165-7 26762107.
8. Salwa S.A. Kamel. SFF, Randa M Ibrahim. Self-assessment competency tool for nurses working in critical care units: development and psychometric evaluation. Life Science Journal. 2011;8(3):156–64.
9. Hadjibalassi M, Papastavrou E, Lambrinou E, Tsangari H, Athini E, Georgiou E, et al. Development of an instrument to determine competencies of postgraduate ICU nurses in Cyprus. Nurs Crit Care. 2012;17(5):255–64. Epub 2012/08/18. doi: 10.1111/j.1478-5153.2012.00503.x 22897812.
10. Lakanmaa RL, Suominen T, Perttila J, Ritmala-Castren M, Vahlberg T, Leino-Kilpi H. Graduating nursing students' basic competence in intensive and critical care nursing. Journal of clinical nursing. 2014;23(5–6):645–53. Epub 2013/06/22. doi: 10.1111/jocn.12244 23786502.
11. Jones KJ SA, Xu L et al. The AHRQ Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture: A Tool to Plan and Evaluate Patient Safety Programs. Henriksen K BJ, Keyes MA, et al, editor: AHRQ Publication 2008.
12. DeGrande H, Liu F, Greene P, Stankus JA. Developing professional competence among critical care nurses: An integrative review of literature. Intensive & critical care nursing. 2018;49:65–71. Epub 2018/09/01. doi: 10.1016/j.iccn.2018.07.008 30166231.
13. Kruger J, Dunning D. Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one's own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. Journal of personality and social psychology. 1999;77(6):1121–34. Epub 2000/01/08. doi: 10.1037//0022-35188.8.131.521 10626367.