1. WHO. Global action plan for the prevention and control of NCDs 2013–2020. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2013.
2. Yusuf S, Islam S, Chow CK, Rangarajan S, Dagenais G, Diaz R, et al. Use of secondary prevention drugs for cardiovascular disease in the community in high-income, middle-income, and low-income countries (the PURE Study): a prospective epidemiological survey. Lancet. 2011; 378: 1231–1243. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(11)61215-4 21872920
3. Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases. http://www.gacd.org/.
4. Peters DH, Adam T, Alonge O, Agyepong IA, Tran N. Implementation research: what it is and how to do it. BMJ 2013; 347: f6753. doi: 10.1136/bmj.f6753 24259324
5. Soliman EZ, Mendis S, Dissanayake WP, Somasundaram NP, Gunaratne PS, Jayasingne IK, et al. A Polypill for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a feasibility study of the World Health Organization. Trials. 2011; 12:3. doi: 10.1186/1745-6215-12-3 21205325
6. Thom S, Field J, Poulter N, Patel A, Prabhakaran D, Stanton A, et al. Use of a Multidrug Pill In Reducing cardiovascular Events (UMPIRE): rationale and design of a randomised controlled trial of a cardiovascular preventive polypill-based strategy in India and Europe. Eur J Prevent Cardiol. 2014; 21: 252–61.