1. Boyer D. Obama signs trade legislation; Bonner, McConnell miss White House Event. The Washington Times. 2015 June 29. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/29/boehner-mcconnell-skip-event-obama-sign-trade-bill/. Accessed 17 December 2015.
2. Office of the United States Trade Representative, Press Release: Summary of the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement (Oct. 4, 2015). https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-offices/press-office/press-releases/2015/october/summary-trans-pacific-partnership.
3. Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement. https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/free-trade-agreements/trans-pacific-partnership/tpp-full-text.
4. Chapter 18: Intellectual Property. https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/TPP-Final-Text-Intellectual-Property.pdf.
5. Chapter 9: Investment. https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/TPP-Final-Text-Investment.pdf.
6. Annex 26-A: Transparency and Procedural Fairness for Pharmaceutical Products and Medical Devices. https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/TPP-Final-Text-Transparency-and-Anti-corruption.pdf.
7. Kaminski M. Op-Ed: Don’t Keep the Trans-Pacific Partnership Talks Secret, The New York Times. 2015 April 24. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/14/opinion/dont-keep-trade-talks-secret.html. Accessed 17 December 2015.
8. Dovere E-I. Extreme secrecy eroding support for Obama’s trade pact. Politico. 2015 May 4. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/secrecy-eroding-support-for-trade-pact-critics-say-117581. Accessed 17 December 2015.
9. World Trade Organization. Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights, Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization, Annex 1C, Art. 8(1), 33 I.L.M. 81. 1994.
10. Bansal IS, Sahu D, Bakshi G, Singh S. Evergreening: A Controversial Issue in Pharma Milieu. J Intel Prop Rgts. 2009 Jul; 14: 299–306.
11. Correa C. Guidelines for Examination of Pharmaceutical Patents from a Public Health Perspective. ICTSD, WHO, UNCTAD; 2007. http://www.ufrgs.br/antropi/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=correa_pharmaceutical-patents-guidelines.pdf.
12. WIPO, Patent Landscape for Ritonavir. 2011. http://www.wipo.int/edocs/pubdocs/en/patents/946/wipo_pub_946.pdf.
13. Amin T, Kesselheim AS. Secondary Patenting of Branded Pharmaceuticals: A Case Study of How Patents on Two HIV Drugs Could be Extended for Decades. Heath Affairs. 2012; 31: 2286–94.
14. Vernaz N, Haller G, Girardin F, Huttner B, Combescure C, Dayer P, et al. Patent Drug Extension Strategies on Healthcare Spending: A Cost-Evaluation Analysis. PLoS Med. 2013; 10: e1001460. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1001460 23750120
15. Clift C. The Value of Patent Term Extensions to the Pharmaceutical Industry in the USA. J Gen Medicines. 2008; 5: 201–08.
16. Baker BK. Ending drug registration apartheid–taming data exclusivity and patent/registration linkage. Am J Law & Med. 2008; 34: 303–44.
17. Federal Trade Commission. Emerging Health Care Issues: Follow-on Biologic Drug Competition. June 2009. https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/reports/emerging-health-care-issues-follow-biologic-drug-competition-federal-trade-commission-report/p083901biologicsreport.pdf.
18. Chakrabarti G. Need of Data Exclusivity: Impact on Access to Medicines. J Intel Prop R. 2014; 19: 325–36.
19. Love J. Inside Views: The TPP’s Reckless Proposals For Damages Will Have Negative Impact On Future Reform Of IPR Regimes [blog]. IP-Watch. July 28, 2015. http://www.ip-watch.org/2015/07/28/the-tpps-reckless-proposals-for-damages-will-have-negative-impact-on-future-reform-of-ipr-regimes/.
20. Baker BK. Settlement of India/EU WTO Dispute re Seizures of In-Transit Medicines: Why the Proposed EU Border Regulation Isn't Good Enough. PIJIP Res Papers Series no. 2012–02 American University Washington College of Law, Washington, D.C. http://digitalcommons.wcl.american.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1026&context=research.
21. Baker B, Geddes K. Corporate Power Unbound: Investor-State Arbitration of IP Monopolies on Medicines–Eli Lilly v. Canada and the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement. J Intel Prop L. 2016; 23: in press.
22. Eli Lilly and Company v. The Government of Canada, UNCITRAL, ICSID Case No. UNCT/14/2. http://www.italaw.com/cases/1625.
23. Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America. 2015 Profile: Pharmaceutical Research Industry. 2015. http://www.phrma.org/sites/default/files/pdf/2015_phrma_profile.pdf.
24. Light D., Warburton R. Demythologizing the high costs of pharmaceutical research. Biosocieties. 2011; 6:34–50. http://www.pharmamyths.net/files/Biosocieties_2011_Myths_of_High_Drug_Research_Costs.pdf.
25. Moon S. Medicines as Global Public Goods: The Governance of Technological Innovation in the New Era of Global health. Glob H Gov. 2008–09; II: 1–23.
26. Love J. Balancing Elements for Health Research and Development. Bull WHO. 2012; 90: 796–796A. doi: 10.2471/BLT.12.113886 23226887