1. Curran S, Murray GI. Matrix metalloproteinases: molecular aspects of their roles in tumour invasion and metastasis. Eur J Cancer 2000; 36 (13 Spec No): 1621–1630.
2. Curran S, Murray GI. Matrix metalloproteinases in tumour invasion and metastases. J Pathol 1999; 189(3): 300–308.
3. Matsuyama Y, Takao S, Aikou T. Comparison of matrix metalloproteinases expression between primary tumours with or without liver metastases in pancreatic and colorectal carcinomas. J Surg Oncol 2002; 80(2): 105–110.
4. Zeng ZS, Huang Y, Cohen AM et al. Prediction of colorectal cancer relapse and survival via tissue RNA levels of matrix metalloproteinases-9. J Clin oncol 1996; 14(12): 3133–3140.
5. Baker EA, Bergin FG, Leaper DJ. Matrix metalloproteinases, their tissue inhibitors and colorectal cancer staging. Br J Surg 2000; 87(9): 1215–1221.
6. Murashige M, Miyakara M, Shiraishu N et al. Enhanced expresssion of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in human colon tumours. Jpn J Clin Oncol 1996; 26(5): 303–309.
7. Bird NC, Mangnall D, Majeed AW. Biology of colorectal liver metastases: A review. J Surg Oncol 2006; 94(1): 64–80.
8. Yukawa N, Yoshikawa T, Akaike M et al. Plasma concentration of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases 1 in patients with colorectal cancer. Br J Surg 2001; 88(12): 1596–1601.
9. Heslin MJ, Yan J, Johnson MR et al. Role of matrix metalloproteinases in colorectal carcinogenesis. Ann Surg 2001; 233(6): 786–792.
10. Pyke C, Ralfkiaer E, Tryggvason K et al. Messenger RNA fo two type IV collagenases is located in stromal cells in human colon cancer. Am J Pathol 1993; 142(2): 273–282.
11. Wagenaar-Miller R, Gorden L, Matrisian LM. Matrix metalloproteinases in colorectal cancer: Is it worth talking about? Cancer and Metastatic Reviews 2004; 23(1–2): 119–135.
12. Holten-Andersen MN, Stephens RW, Nielsen HJ et al. High preoperative plasma tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 levels are associated with short survival of patients with colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2000; 6(11): 4292–4299.
13. Ishida H, Murata N, Hayashi Y et al. Serum levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in colorectal cancer patients. Surg Today 2003; 33(12): 885–892.
14. Chau I, Rigg A, Cunningham D. Matrix metalloproteinases inhibitors – an emphasis on gastrointestinal malignancies. Cri Rev Oncol Hematol 2003; 45(2): 151–176.
15. Chambers AF, Matrisian LM. Changing views of ther role of matrix metalloproteinases in metastasis. J Natl Cancer Inst 1997; 89(17): 1260–1270.
16. Ishida H, Murata N, Tada M et al. Determining the levels of matrix metalloproteinases-9 in portal and peripheral blood is useful for predicting liver metastases of colorectal cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2003; 33(4): 186–191.
17. Knittel T, Mehde M, Grundmanc A et al. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors during hepatic tissue repair in the rat. Histochem Cell Biol 2000; 113(6): 443–453.
18. Duffy MJ, van Dalen A, Haglund C et al. Clinical utility of biochemical markers in colorectal cancer: European Group on Tumour Markers (EGTM) guidelines. Eur J Cancer 2003; 39(6): 718–727.
19. Liska V, Holubec L Jr., Treska V et al. Dynamics of serum levels of tumour markers and prognosis of recurrence and survival after liver surgery for colorectal liver metastases, Anticancer Res 2007; 27(4C): 2861–2864.
20. Liska V, Holubec L, Treska V et al. Tumor markers as useful predictors of survival rate after explorative laparotomy for liver malignancies. Anticancer Res 2007; 27(4A): 1887–1892.
21. Sutnar A, Pesta M, Liska V et al. Clinical relevance of the expression of mRNA of MMP-7, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 tissue samples from colorectal liver metastases. Tumor Biol 2007; 28(5): 247–252.
22. Kijima M, Togo S, Ichikawa Y et al. Clinical significance of serum CEA protein and CEA mRNA after resection of colorectal liver metastases. Anticancer Res 2005; 25(2B): 1327–1332.
23. Hanke B, Wein A, Martus P et al. Serum markers of matrix turnover as predictors for the evolution of colorectal cancer metastasis under chemotherapy. Br J Cancer 2003; 88(8): 1248–1250.
24. Mroczko B, Groblewska M, Okulczyk B et al. The diagnostic value of matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP-1) determination in the sera of colorectal adenoma and cancer patients. Int J Colorectal Dis 2010; 25(10): 1177–1184.
25. Groblewska M, Mroczko B, Gryko M et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 2 and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases 2 in the diagnosis of colorectal adenoma and cancer patients. Folia Histochem Cytobiol 2010; 48(4): 564–571.
26. Dragutinović VV, Radonjić NV, Petronijević ND. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and -9 (MMP-9) in preoperative serum as independent prognostic markers in patients with colorectal cancer. Mol Cell Biochem 2011 May 4. Electronic publication.