1. Cohen AT, Agnelli G, Anderson FA, et al. Venous thromboembolism (VTE) in Europe. The number of VTE events and associated morbidity and mortality.Thromb Haemost 2007; 98: 756-764.
2. Cohen AT, et al. Venous thromboembolism risk and prophylaxis in the acute hospital care setting (ENDORSE study): a multinational cross-sectional study. 2008; 371 (9610): 387-94.
3. Geerts WH, Pineo GF, Heit JA, Samama CM, Lassen MR, Colwell CW. American College of Chest Physicians: Prevention of venous thromboembolism: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition). Chest 2008; Suppl. 133: 381-453.
4. NHS National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence NICE clinical guideline 92. Venous thromboembolism: Reducing the risk of venous thromboembolism (deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism) in patients admitted to hospital, January 2010 (http:// ).
5. Morgenstern LB, Hemphill JC, Anderson C, et al. Guidelines for the Management of Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage: A Guideline for Healthcare Professionals From the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke 2010; 41: 2108-2129.