1. DeLancey, JO. Anatomy and biomechanics of genital prolapse. Clin Obstet Gynecol, 1993, 36, p. 897–909.
2. DeLancey, JO., Morgan, DM., Fenner, DE., et al. Comparison of levator ani muscle defects and function in women with and without pelvic organ prolapse. Obstet Gynecol, 2007, 109, p. 295–302.
3. Dietz, HP. The aetiology of prolapse. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct, 2008, 19, p. 1323–1329.
4. Dietz, HP., Franco, V, Shek, KL., Kirby, A. Avulsion injury and levator hiatal ballooning: two independent risk factors for prolapse? An observational study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand, 2012, 91, p. 211–214.
5. Dietz, HP., Chantarasorn, V, Shek, KL. Levator avulsion is a risk factor for cystocele recurrence. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 2010, 36, p. 76–80.
6. Dietz, HP., Kirby, A. Modelling the likelihood of levator avulsion in a urogynaecological population. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol, 2010, 50, p. 268–272.
7. Dietz, HP., Shek, KL. Tomographic ultrasound imaging of the pelvic floor: which levels matter most? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 2009, 33, p. 698–703.
8. Dietz, HP., Simpson, JM. Levator trauma is associated with pelvic organ prolapse. BJOG. 2008, 115, p. 979–984.
9. Fialkow, MF., Newton, KM., Lentz, GM., Weiss, NS. Lifetime risk of surgical management for pelvic organ prolapse or urinary incontinence. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct, 2008, 19, p. 437–440.
10. Fialkow, MF., Newton, KM., Weiss, NS. Incidence of recurrent pelvic organ prolapse 10 years following primary surgical management: a retrospective cohort study. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct, 2008, 19, p. 1483–1487.
11. Gainey, HL. Post-partum observation of pelvic tissue damage. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 1943, 46, p. 457–466.
12. Green, TH. Jr. Urinary stress incontinence: differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, and management. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 1975, 122, p. 368–400.
13. Halban, J., Tandler, J. Anatomie und Aaetiologie der Genitalprolapse beim Weibe. 1907, Vienna: Wilhelm Braumuller.
14. Hoyte, L., Schierlitz, L., Zou, K., et al. Two- and 3-dimensional MRI comparison of levator ani structure, volume, and integrity in women with stress incontinence and prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2001, 185, p. 11–19.
15. Krofta, L., Otcenasek, M, Kasikova, E., Feyereisl, J. Pubococcygeus-puborectalis trauma after forceps delivery: evaluation of the levator ani muscle with 3D/4D ultrasound. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct, 2009, 20, p. 1175–1181.
16. Maher, CM., Feiner, B., Baessler, K., Glazener, CM. Surgical management of pelvic organ prolapse in women: the updated summary version Cochrane review. Int Urogynecol J, 2011, 22, p. 1445–1457.
17. Model, AN., Shek, KL., Dietz, HP. Levator defects are associated with prolapse after pelvic floor surgery. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 2010, 153, p. 220–223.
18. Olsen, AL., Smith, VJ., Bergstrom, JO., et al. Epidemiology of surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence. Obstet Gynecol, 1997, 89, p. 501–506.
19. Patel, DA., Xu, X., Thomason, AD., et al. Childbirth and pelvic floor dysfunction: an epidemiologic approach to the assessment of prevention opportunities at delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2006, 195, p. 23–28.
20. Shek, KL., Dietz, HP. The effect of childbirth on hiatal dimensions. Obstet Gynecol, 2009, 113, p. 1272–1278.
21. Shek, KL., Pirpiris, A., Dietz, HP. Does levator avulsion increase urethral mobility? Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 2010, 153, p. 215–219.
22. Steensma, AB., Konstantinovic, ML., Burger, CW., et al. Prevalence of major levator abnormalities in symptomatic patients with an underactive pelvic floor contraction. Int Urogynecol J, 2010, 21, p. 861–867.
23. Svabik, K., Shek, KL., Dietz, HP. How much does the levator hiatus have to stretch during childbirth? BJOG, 2009, 116, p. 1657–1662.
24. Weemhoff, M., Vergeldt, TF., Notten, K., et al. Avulsion of puborectalis muscle and other risk factors for cystocele recurrence: a 2-year follow-up study. Int Urogynecol J, 2012, 23, p. 65–71.
25. Wong, V., Shek, KLG., Rane, A., Dietz, HP. Should mesh be used for cystocele repair? Long-term outcomes of a case-control series. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct, 2011, 22 (Suppl. 1), p. S91.
26. Zhuang, RR., Song, YF., Chen, ZQ., et al. Levator avulsion using a tomographic ultrasound and magnetic resonance-based model. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2011.