1. Knifton L, Quinn N. Public mental health: global perspectives. New York: McGraw-Hill Education; 2013.
2. Patel V, Flisher AJ, Hetrick S, McGorry P. Mental health of young people: a global public- health challenge. Lancet. 2007;369(9569):1302–13.
3. Curle A. Public mental health. III: Hatred and reconciliation. Med Confl Surviv. 1997;13:37–47.
4. Curle A. Violence and alienation: an issue of public mental health. Med Confl Surviv. 1996;12:14–22.
5. Cohrs JC, Christie DJ, White MP, Das C. Contributions of positive psychology to peace: toward global well-being and resilience. Am Psychol. 2013;68:590–600.
6. Jeste DV, Palmer BW, Rettew DC, Boardman S. Positive psychiatry: its time has come. J Clin Psychiatry. 2015;76:675–83.
7. van der Veer K, Ommundsen R, Yakushko O, Higler L. Cross-national measure of fear-based xenophobia: development of a cumulative scale. Psychol Rep. 2011;109:27–42.
8. Snyder T. [You do not understand what you lose – in Polish] Gazeta Wyborcza, Magazyn, 14.05.2016, http://wyborcza.pl/magazyn/1,152470,20071536,timothy-snyder-sami-nie-rozumiecie-co-tracicie-czlowiek-roku.html. Accessed 22 Oct 2016.
9. Brodziak A, Różyk-Myrta A, Ziółko E. How to understand the fundamentalism and acts of terrorism? Psychiatr Pol. 2016;50:293–7.
10. Rouet G. European Union: fears and hopes. Eastern J Eur Stud. 2016;7:5–33. http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=45&sid=e5bc9977-c27a-42d5-9356-5b7b27f9b4ad%40sessionmgr4007&hid=4105. Accessed 22 Oct 2016.
11. Genna GM, Haakenson TO, Wilson IW. Jürgen habermas and the European economic crisis: cosmopolitanism reconsidered. New York: Routledge; 2016.
12. Elstad JI. Income inequality and foregone medical care in Europe during the great recession: multilevel analyses of EU-SILC surveys 2008–2013. Int J Equity Health. 2016;16:1–11. http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=47&sid=e5bc9977-c27a-42d5-9356-5b7b27f9b4ad%40sessionmgr4007&hid=4105. Accessed 22 Oct 2016.
13. Mazurek JI. A comparison of GDP growth of European countries during 2008–2012 from the regional and other perspectives. Com Econ Res. 2015; 18:5–18. http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=18&sid=e5bc9977-c27a-42d5-9356-5b7b27f9b4ad%40sessionmgr4007&hid=4105. Accessed 22 Oct 2016.
14. Lallement M. Economic crises and new model of social regulation in Europe (2008–12). Empl Rights Employ Policy J. 2013;17:257–90. http://eds.a.ebscohost.com/eds/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=20&sid=e5bc9977-c27a-42d5-9356-5b7b27f9b4ad%40sessionmgr4007&hid=4105. Accessed 22 Oct 2016.
15. World Justice Project’ (rule of Law Index) http://worldjusticeproject.org/. Accessed 28 June 2016.
16. Czapiński J., Panek T. [Report. Social Diagnosis. The state of civil society. Council of Social Monitoring] Contemporary Economic. Quarterly of University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, 2015;9: 332–372. http://ce.vizja.pl/en/issues/volume/9/issue/4#art406. Accessed 28 June, 2016. http://www.diagnoza.com/pliki/raporty/Diagnoza_raport_2015.pdf. Accessed 22 Oct 2016.
17. Antonovsky A. The structure and properties of the sense of coherence scale. Soc Sci Med. 1993;36:725–33.
18. Ventegodt S, Flensborg-Madsen T, Andersen NJ, Merrick J. The life mission theory VII. Theory of existential (antonovsky) coherence: a theory of quality of life, health, and ability for use in holistic medicine. ScientificWorldJournal. 2005;5:377–89.
19. Benz C, Bull T, Mittelmark M, Vaandrager L. Culture in salutogenesis: the scholarship of Aaron antonovsky. Glob Health Promot. 2014;21:16–23.
20. Manwell LA, Barbic SP, Roberts K, Durisko Z, Lee C, Ware E, McKenzie K. What is mental health? evidence towards a new definition from a mixed methods multidisciplinary international survey. BMJ Open. 2015;5(6):e007079.
21. Ahnquist J, Wamala SP, Lindstrom M. Social determinants of health – a question of social or economic capital? interaction effects of socioeconomic factors on health outcomes. Soc Sci Med. 2012;74:930–9.
22. Eriksson M. Social capital and health - implications for health promotion. Glob Health Action. 2011;4:5611.
23. Harpham T, Grant E, Thomas E. Measuring social capital within health surveys: key issues. Health Policy Plan. 2002;17:106–11.
24. Kaljee LM, Chen X. Social capital and risk and protective behaviors: a global health perspective. Adolesc Health Med Ther. 2011;2:113–22.
25. Lomas J. Social capital and health: implications for public health and epidemiology. Soc Sci Med. 1998;47:1181–8.
26. McPherson KE, Kerr S, McGee E, Morgan A, Cheater FM, McLean J, et al. The association between social capital and mental health and behavioural problems in children and adolescents: an integrative systematic review. BMC Psychol. 2014;2:7.
27. McPherson KE, Kerr S,Morgan A,McGee E, Cheater FM, McLean J, Egan J. The association between family and community social capital and health risk behaviours in young people: an integrative review. BMC Public Health. 2013;13:971.
28. Baheiraei A, Bakouei F, Bakouei S, Eskandari N, Ahmari TH. Social capital as a determinant of self-rated health in women of reproductive age: a population-based study. Glob J Health Sci. 2015;8:45134.
29. Coll-Planas L, Del Valle Gómez G, Bonilla P, Masat T, Puig T, Monteserin R. Promoting social capital to alleviate loneliness and improve health among older people in Spain. Health Soc Care Community. 2015, 10.1111/hsc. 12284. [Epub ahead of print]
30. Kouvonen A, Kivimäki M, Vahtera J, Oksanen T, Elovainio M, Cox T, et al. Psychometric evaluation of a short measure of social capital at work. BMC Public Health. 2006;6:251.
31. Loch MR, Souza RK, Mesas AE, Martinez-Gómez D, Rodríguez-Artalejo F. Relationship between social capital indicators and lifestyle in Brazilian adults. Cad Saude Publica. 2015;31:1636–47.
32. Poortinga W. Community resilience and health: the role of bonding, bridging, and linking aspects of social capital. Health Place. 2012;18:286–95.
33. Poulsen T, Siersma VD, Lund R, Christensen U, Vass M, Avlund K. Educational intervention and functional decline among older people: the modifying effects of social capital. Scand J Public Health. 2014;42:295–303.
34. Stafford M, De Silva M, Stansfeld S, Marmot M. Neighbourhood social capital and common mental disorder: testing the link in a general population sample. Health Place. 2008;14:394–405.
35. Villalonga-Olives E, Kawachi I. The measurement of social capital. Gac Sanit. 2015;29:62–4.
36. Gniewosz B, Noack P. Parental influences on adolescents’ negative attitudes toward immigrants. J Youth Adolesc. 2015;44:1787–802.
37. Miklikowska M. Like parent, like child? Development of prejudice and tolerance towards immigrants. Br J Psychol. 2016;107:95–116.
38. Strange C, Bremner A, Fisher C, Howat P, Wood L. Mothers’ group participation: associations with social capital, social support and mental well-being. J Adv Nurs. 2015;72:85–98.
39. Titzmann PF, Brenick A, Silbereisen RK. Friendships fighting prejudice: a longitudinal perspective on adolescents’ cross-group friendships with immigrants. J Youth Adolesc. 2015;44:1318–31.
40. van Zalk MH, Kerr M, van Zalk N, Stattin H. Xenophobia and tolerance toward immigrants in adolescence: cross-influence processes within friendships. J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2013;41:627–39.
41. van Zalk MH, Kerr M. Developmental trajectories of prejudice and tolerance toward immigrants from early to late adolescence. J Youth Adolesc. 2014;43: 1658–71.
42. Ballard PJ, Syme SL. Engaging youth in communities: a framework for promoting adolescent and community health. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2016;70:202–6.
43. Brodziak A, Różyk-Myrta A, Wolińska A. Is it possible to support behavioral therapy, led remotely, by determining so-called therapeutic tasks? Psychiatr Pol. 2015;49:1373–77.
44. Brodziak A, Różyk-Myrta A, Wolińska A. Who should reach for psychotherapy? Psychiatr Pol. 2016;50:649–53.
45. Viacharacter – a survey on character strength. http://www.viacharacter.org/www/. Accessed 28 June 2016.
46. Hershberger PJ. Prescribing happiness: positive psychology and family medicine. Fam Med. 2005;37:630–4.
47. Sense of Coherence – Orientation to Life Questionnaire – 29 items. Source: Antonovsky, Aaron Unraveling the Mystery of Health. How People Manage Stress and Stay Well. San Francisco 1987. http://www.salutogenesis.hv.se/files/soc29_eng.pdf. Accessed 28 June 2016.
48. Learning to live together http://www.unesco.org/new/en/social-and-humansciences/themes/fight-against-discrimination/. Accessed 28 June 2016.
49. Integration courses: Learning German and much more, http://www.make-itin-germany.com/en/for-qualified-professionals/living/integration-courses. Accessed 28 June 2016.
50. Youssef-Morgan CM, Luthans F. Psychological capital and well-being. Stress Health. 2015;31:180–8.
51. Lorenz T, Beer C, Pütz J, Heinitz K. Measuring psychological capital: construction and validation of the compound PsyCap scale (CPC-12). PLoS One. 2016;11:e0152892.
52. Bonner L. A survey of work engagement and psychological capital levels. Br J Nurs. 2016;25:865–71.
53. Rew L, Powell T, Brown A, Becker H, Slesnick N. An intervention to enhance psychological capital and health outcomes in homeless female youths. West J Nurs Res. 2016.
54. Meyers MC, van Woerkom M, de Reuver RS, Bakk Z, Oberski DL. Enhancing psychological capital and personal growth initiative: working on strengths or deficiencies. J Couns Psychol. 2015;62:50–62.
55. Brzeziński K. Social trust and civic engagement in postindustrial cities in central and Eastern Europe, acta Universitatis lodziensis. Folia Sociologica. 2015;52:127–46.
56. Sokolowski SW. Civil society and the professions in Eastern Europe: social change and organizational innovation in Poland. New York: Springer; 2002.
57. Pleines H., Fischer S. Civil society in central and Eastern Europe Stuttgart: Ibidem-Verlag. 2010, eBook.
58. Fremdenfeindlichkeit und Bildung - Xenophobia and Education. Zeitschrift für Soziologie der Erziehung und Sozialisation - Journal for sociology of education and socialization. 2007. http://www.pedocs.de/volltexte/2012/5613/pdf/ZSE_2007_3_Wiezorek_Fritzsche_Fremdenfeindlichkeit_D_A.pdf. Accessed 22 Oct 2016.
59. Gavrilets S. Collective action and the collaborative brain. J R Soc Interface. 2015;12:20141067.
60. Sanchez GR, Vargas ED. Taking a closer look at group identity: the link between theory and measurement of group consciousness and linked fate. Polit Res Q. 2016;69:160–74.
61. Maselko J, Hughes C, Cheney R. Religious social capital: its measurement and utility in the study of the social determinants of health. Soc Sci Med. 2011;73:759–67.
62. Neacsiu AD, Herr NR, Fang CM, Rodriguez MA, Rosenthal MZ. Identity disturbance and problems with emotion regulation are related constructs across diagnoses. J Clin Psychol. 2015;71:346–61.
63. Quinn N, Knifton L. Positive mental attitudes: how community development principles have shaped a ten-year mental health inequalities programme in Scotland. Community Dev J. 2012;47:588–603.
64. Knifton L, Gervais M, Newbigging K, Mirza N, Quinn N, Wilson N, et al. Community conversation: addressing mental health stigma with ethnic minority communities. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2010;45:497–504.
65. Walker ER, Kwon J, Lang DL, Levinson RM, Druss BG. Mental health training in schools of public health: history, current status, and future opportunities. Public Health Rep. 2016;31:208–17.
66. Lindert J, Carta MG, Schäfer I, Mollica RF. Refugees mental health - A public mental health challenge. Eur J Public Health. 2016;26(3):374-5.