1. Alam NA, Rowan AJ, Wortham NC et al. Genetic and functional analyses of FH mutations in multiple cutaneous and uterine leiomyomatosis, hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cancer, and fumarate hydratase deficiency. Hum Mol Genet 2003; 12(11): 1241–1252.
2. Kiuru M, Launonen V, Hietala M et al. Familial cutaneous leiomyomatosis is a two-hit condition associated with renal cell cancer of characteristic histopathology. Am J Pathol 2001; 159(3): 825–829.
3. Launonen V, Vierimaa O, Kiuru M et al. Inherited susceptibility to uterine leiomyomas and renal cell cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci 2001; 98(6): 3387–3392.
4. Chan I, Wong T, Martinez-Mir A et al. Familial multiple cutaneous and uterine leiomyomas associated with papillary renal cell cancer. Clin Exp Dermatol 2005; 30(1): 75–78.
5. Raymond VM, Herron CM, Giordano TJ et al. Familial renal cancer as an indicator of hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer syndrome. Fam Cancer 2012; 11(1): 115–121.
6. Gardie B, Remenieras A, Kattygnarath D et al. Novel FH mutations in families with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer (HLRCC) and patients with isolated type 2 papillary renal cell carcinoma. J Med Genet 2011; 48(4): 226–234.
7. Tomlinson IP, Alam NA, Rowan AJ et al. Germline mutations in FH predispose to dominantly inherited uterine fibroids, skin leiomyomata and papillary renal cell cancer. Nat Genet 2002; 30(4): 406–410.
8. Reed WB, Walker R, Horowitz R. Cutaneous leiomyomata with uterine leiomyomata. Acta Derm Venereol 1973; 53(5): 409–416.
9. Smit DL, Mensenkamp AR, Badeloe S et al. Hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer in families referred for fumarate hydratase germline mutation analysis. Clin Genet 2011; 79(1): 49–59.
10. Toro JR, Nickerson ML, Wei MH et al. Mutations in the fumarate hydratase gene cause hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer in families in North America. Am J Hum Genet 2003; 73(1): 95–106.
11. Wei MH, Toure O, Glenn GM et al. Novel mutations in FH and expansion of the spectrum of phenotypes expressed in families with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer. J Med Genet 2006; 43(1): 18–27.
12. Ylisaukko-oja SK, Kiuru M, Lehtonen HJ et al. Analysis of fumarate hydratase mutations in population-based series of early onset uterine leiomyosarcoma patients. Int J Cancer 2006; 119(2): 283–287.
13. Lehtonen HJ. Hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer: update on clinical and molecular characteristics. Fam Cancer 2011; 10(2): 397–411.
14. Lehtonen HJ, Kiuru M, Ylisaukko-Oja SK et al. Increased risk of cancer in patients with fumarate hydratase germline mutation. J Med Genet 2006; 43(6): 523–526.
15. Chuang GS, Martinez-Mir A, Engler DE et al. Multiple cutaneous and uterine leiomyomata resulting from missense mutations in the fumarate hydratase gene. Clin Exp Dermatol 2006; 31(1): 118–121.
16. Alam NA, Barclay E, Rowan AJ et al. Clinical features of multiple cutaneous and uterine leiomyomatosis: an underdiagnosed tumor syndrome. Arch Dermatol 2005; 141(2): 199–206.
17. Merino MJ, Torres-Cabala C, Pinto P et al. The morphologic spectrum of kidney tumors in hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell carcinoma (HLRCC) syndrome. Am J Surg Pathol 2007; 31(10): 1578–1585.
18. Dharmawardana PG, Giubellino A, Bottaro DP. Hereditary papillary renal carcinoma type I. Curr Mol Med 2004; 4(8): 855–868.
19. Refae MA, Wong N, Patenaude F et al. Hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer: an unusual and aggressive form of hereditary renal carcinoma. Nat Clin Pract Oncol 2007; 4(4): 256–261.
20. Lehtonen HJ, Blanco I, Piulats JM et al. Conventional renal cancer in a patient with fumarate hydratase mutation. Hum Pathol 2007; 38(5): 793–796.
21. Alrashdi I, Levine S, Paterson J et al. Hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell carcinoma: very early diagnosis of renal cancer in a paediatric patient. Fam Cancer 2010; 9(2): 239–243.
22. van Spaendonck-Zwarts KY, Badeloe S, Oosting SF et al. Hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer presenting as metastatic kidney cancer at 18 years of age: implications for surveillance. Fam Cancer 2012; 11(1): 123–129.
23. Badeloe S, van Spaendonck-Zwarts KY, van Steensel MA et al. Wilms tumour as a possible early manifestation of hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer? Br J Dermatol 2009; 160(3): 707–709.
24. Goodman JC, Baskin DS. Autosomal dominant familial angiolipomatosis clinically mimicking neurofibromatosis. Neurofibromatosis 1989; 2(5–6): 326–331.
25. Kubinova K, Tesarova M, Hansikova H et al. Fumarate Hydratase gene mutation in two young patients with sporadic uterine fibroids. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. In Press.
26. Holst VA, Junkins-Hopkins JM, Elenitsas R. Cutaneous smooth muscle neoplasms: clinical features, histologic findings, and treatment options. J Am Acad Dermatol 2002; 46(4): 477–490.
27. Singer EA, Bratslavsky G, Middelton L et al. Impact of genetics on the diagnosis and treatment of renal cancer. Curr Urol Rep 2011; 12(1): 47–55.