1. Cummins D. Dentin hypersensitivity: from diagnosis to a breakthrough therapy for everyday sensitivity relief. The Journal of clinical dentistry. 2009;20(1):1–9.
2. West NX. Dentine hypersensitivity. Monographs in oral science. 2006;20: 173–89. doi:10.1159/000093362.
3. Milosevic A, Bardsley PF, Taylor S. Epidemiological studies of tooth wear and dental erosion in 14-year old children in North West England. Part 2: The association of diet and habits. Br Dent J. 2004;197(8):479–83. doi:10.1038/sj.bdj.4811747. discussion 3; quiz 505.
4. Bizhang M, Riemer K, Arnold, WH, Domin J, Zimmer, S. Influence of Bristle Stiffness of Manual Toothbrushes on Eroded and Sound Human Dentin - an In Vitro Study. Plos ONE (in press).
5. Arnold WH, Prange M, Naumova EA. Effectiveness of various toothpastes on dentine tubule occlusion. J Dent. 2015;43(4):440–9. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2015.01.014.
6. Canadian Advisory Board . Consensus-based recommendations for the diagnosis and management of dentin hypersensitivity. J Can Dent Assoc. 2003;69(4):221–6.
7. Cummins D. Advances in the clinical management of dentin hypersensitivity: a review of recent evidence for the efficacy of dentifrices in providing instant and lasting relief. The Journal of clinical dentistry. 2011; 22(4):100–7.
8. Gillam DG, Newman HN, Davies EH, Bulman JS. Clinical efficacy of a low abrasive dentifrice for the relief of cervical dentinal hypersensitivity. Journal of clinical periodontology. 1992;19(3):197–201.
9. Markowitz K, Pashley DH. Discovering new treatments for sensitive teeth: the long path from biology to therapy. Journal of oral rehabilitation. 2008; 35(4):300–15. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2842.2007.01798.x.
10. Petrou I, Heu R, Stranick M, Lavender S, Zaidel L, Cummins D, et al. A breakthrough therapy for dentin hypersensitivity: how dental products containing 8 % arginine and calcium carbonate work to deliver effective relief of sensitive teeth. The Journal of clinical dentistry. 2009;20(1):23–31.
11. Baysan A, Lynch E. Treatment of cervical sensitivity with a root sealant. American journal of dentistry. 2003;16(2):135–8.
12. Duran I, Sengun A. The long-term effectiveness of five current desensitizing products on cervical dentine sensitivity. Journal of oral rehabilitation. 2004; 31(4):351–6. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2842.2003.01241.x.
13. Kielbassa AM, Attin T, Hellwig E, Schade-Brittinger C. In vivo study on the effectiveness of a lacquer containing CaF2/NaF in treating dentine hypersensitivity. Clinical oral investigations. 1997;1(2):95–9.
14. Panduric V, Knezevic A, Tarle Z, Sutalo J. The efficiency of dentine adhesives in treating non-caries cervical lesions. Journal of oral rehabilitation. 2001; 28(12):1168–74.
15. Trowbridge HO, Silver DR. A review of current approaches to in-office management of tooth hypersensitivity. Dental clinics of North America. 1990;34(3):561–81.
16. Addy M, West NX. The role of toothpaste in the aetiology and treatment of dentine hypersensitivity. Monographs in oral science. 2013;23:75–87. doi: 10.1159/000350477.
17. Moore C, Addy M. Wear of dentine in vitro by toothpaste abrasives and detergents alone and combined. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2005; 32(12):1242–6. doi:10.1111/j.1600-051X.2005.00857.x.
18. Addy M. Tooth brushing, tooth wear and dentine hypersensitivity–are they associated? International dental journal. 2005;55(4 Suppl 1):261–7.
19. Addy M, Hughes J, Pickles MJ, Joiner A, Huntington E. Development of a method in situ to study toothpaste abrasion of dentine. Comparison of 2 products. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2002;29(10):896–900.
20. Turssi CP, Messias DC, de Menezes M, Hara AT, Serra MC. Role of dentifrices on abrasion of enamel exposed to an acidic drink. American journal of dentistry. 2005;18(4):251–5.
21. Aykut-Yetkiner A, Attin T, Wiegand A. Prevention of dentine erosion by brushing with anti-erosive toothpastes. Journal of dentistry. 2014. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2014.03.011.
22. West N, Addy M, Hughes J. Dentine hypersensitivity: the effects of brushing desensitizing toothpastes, their solid and liquid phases, and detergents on dentine and acrylic: studies in vitro. Journal of oral rehabilitation. 1998; 25(12):885–95.
23. West NX, Addy M, Jackson RJ, Ridge DB. Dentine hypersensitivity and the placebo response. A comparison of the effect of strontium acetate, potassium nitrate and fluoride toothpastes. Journal of clinical periodontology. 1997;24(4):209–15.