1. Michelson AD, Cattaneo M, Eikelboom JW, et al. Platelet physiology subcommittee of the scientific and standardization committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis; working group on aspirin resistance. Aspirin resistance: Position paper of the working group on aspirin resistance. J Thromb Haemost 2005; 3(6): 1309-1311.
2. Lau WC, Gurbel PA, Watkins PB, et al. Contribution of hepatic cytochrome P450-3A4 metabolic activity to the phenomenon of clopidogrel resistance. Circulation 2004; 109: 166-171.
3. Savi P, Combalbert J, Gaich C, et al. The antiaggregating activity of clopidogrel is due to a metabolic activation by the hepatic cytochrome P450-1A. Thromb Haemost 1994; 72: 313-317.
4. Gurbel PA, Bliden KP, Zaman KA, et al. Clopidogrel loading with eptifibatide to arrest the reactivity of platelets: Results of the Clopidogrel Loading with Eptifibatide to Arrest the Reactivity of Platelets (CLEAR PLATELETS) study. Circulation 2005; 111: 1153-1159.
5. Hermann A, Rauch BH, Braun M, et al. Platelet CD40 ligand (CD40L)–subcellular localization, regulation of expression, and inhibition by clopidogrel. Platelets 2001; 12: 74-82.
6. Xiao Z, Theroux P. Clopidogrel inhibits platelet-leukocyte interactions and thrombin receptor agonist peptide-induced platelet activation in patients with an acute coronary syndrome. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004; 43: 1982-1988.
7. Gurbel PA, Bliden KP, Tantry US. The effect of clopidogrel with and without eptifibatide on tumor necrosis factor-alpha and C-reactive protein release after elective stenting: Results of the CLEAR PLATELETS-Ib study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 48(11): 2186-91.
8. Sage SO, Rink TJ. The kinetics of changes in intracellular calcium concentration in Fura-2-loaded human platelets. J Biol Chem 1987; 262, pp. 16364-16369.
9. Sage SO, Reast R, Rink TJ. ADP evokes biphasic Ca2+ influx in fura-2-loaded human platelets. Biochem J 1990; 265, pp. 675-680.
10. Mani H, Kirchmayr K, Klaffling C, et al. Influence of blood collection techniques on platelet function. Platelets 15: 315–318.
11. Linnemann B, Schwonberg J, Mani H, et al. Standardization of light transmittance aggregometry for monitoring antiplatelet therapy: an adjustment for platelet count is not necessary. J Thromb Haemost 2008; 6: 677-683.
12. Cattaneo M, Lecchi A, Zighetti ML, et al. Platelet aggregation studies: autologous platelet-poor plasma inhibits platelet aggregation when added to platelet rich plasma to normalize platelet count. Haematologica 2007; 92: 694-697.
13. Sibbing D, Braun S, Jawansky S, et al. Assessment of ADP-induced platelet aggregation with light transmission aggregometry and multiple electrode platelet aggregometry before and after clopidogrel treatment. Thromb Haemost 2008; 99: 121-126.
14. Seyfert UT, Haubelt H, Vogt A, et al. Variables influencing Multiplate(TM) whole blood impedance platelet aggregometry and turbidimetric platelet aggregation in healthy individuals. Platelets 2007; 18: 199-206.
15. Mueller T, Dieplinger B, Poelz W, et al. Utility of whole blood impedance aggregometry for the assessment of clopidogrel action using the novel Multiplate analyzer-comparison with two flow cytometric methods. Thromb Res 2007; 121: 249-258.
16. Davdď G, Patrono C. Platelet activation and atherothrombosis. N Engl J Med 2007; 13; 357(24): 2482-94.
17. Serebruany V, Pokov I, Kuliczkowski W, Chesebro J, Badimon J. Baseline platelet activity and response after clopidogrel in 257 diabetics among 822 patients with coronary artery disease. Thromb Haemost 2008; 100(1): 76-82.
18. Pettersen AA, Arnesen H, Opstad TB, Seljeflot I. The influence of CYP 2C19*2 polymorphism on platelet function testing during single antiplatelet treatment with clopidogrel. Thromb J 2011; 22;9(1): 4.
19. Momary KM, Dorsch MP, Bates ER. Genetic causes of clopidogrel nonresponsiveness: which ones really count? Pharmacotherapy 2010; 30(3): 265-74.
20. Motovska Z, Kvasnicka J, Hajkova J, Kala P, Simek S, Bobcikova P, Petr R, Bilkova D, Poloczek M, Miklik R, Fischerova M, Maly M, Widimsky P. Platelet gene polymorphisms and risk of bleeding in patients undergoing elective coronary angiography: a genetic substudy of the PRAGUE-8 trial. Atherosclerosis 2010; 212(2): 548-52.
21. Neubauer H, Lask S, Engelhardt A, et al. How to optimise clopidogrel therapy? Reducing the low response incidence by aggregometry-guided therapy modification. Thromb Haemost 2008; 99: 357-362.
22. Siller-Matula J, Schrör K, Wojta J, et al. Thienopyridines in cardiovascular disease: focus on clopidogrel resistance. Thromb Haemost 2007; 97: 385-393.
23. Angiolillo DJ, Fernandez-Ortiz A, Bernardo E, et al. Variability in individual responsiveness to clopidogrel. Clinical implications, management, and future perspectives. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007; 49: 1505-1516.