1. Robinson TP, Wertheim HF, Kakkar M, Kariuki S, Bu D, Price LB. Animal production and antimicrobial resistance in the clinic. Lancet. 2016; 387(10014):e1–3. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00730-8 26603925
2. Baquero F, Martínez J-L, Cantón R. Antibiotics and antibiotic resistance in water environments. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2008; 19(3):260–5. doi: 10.1016/j.copbio.2008.05.006 18534838
3. Stokes HW, Gillings MR. Gene flow, mobile genetic elements and the recruitment of antibiotic resistance genes into Gram-negative pathogens. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2011; 35(5):790–819. doi: 10.1111/j.1574-6976.2011.00273.x 21517914
4. Thomas PVB, Charles B, Marius G, Bryan TG, Simon AL, Timothy PR, et al. Global trends in antimicrobial use in food animals. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2015; 112(18):5649.
5. WHO. Global action plan on antimicrobial resistance. World Health Organization, 2015. Available at http://www.who.int/iris/handle/10665/193736 2015. Accessed December 12 2018.
6. Beyene T. Veterinary drug residues in food-animal products: its risk factors and potential effects on public health. J Veterinar Sci Technol. 2016; 7:285. doi: 10.4172/2157-7579.1000285
7. Kim DP, Degand G, Douny C, Pierret G, Delahaut P, Dinh TV, et al. Preliminary evaluation of antimicrobial residue levels in marketed pork and chicken meat in the Red River Delta region of Vietnam. Food and Public Health. 2013; 3(6):267–76.
8. Goff DA, Kullar R, Goldstein EJC, Gilchrist M, Nathwani D, Cheng AC, et al. A global call from five countries to collaborate in antibiotic stewardship: united we succeed, divided we might fail. The Lancet Infec Dis. 2017; 17(2):e56–e63. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(16)30386-3 27866945
9. Nadimpalli M, Delarocque-Astagneau E, Love DC, Price LB, Huynh BT, Collard JM, et al. Combating global antibiotic resistance: emerging One Health concerns in lower- and middle-income countries. Clin Infec Dis. 2018; 66(6):963–9. doi: 10.1093/cid/cix879 29346620
10. Aguirre E. An international model for antibiotics regulation. Food Drug Law J. 2017; 72(2):295–313. 29140661
11. CDDEP. The State of the World's Antibiotics. Washington, D.C: Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy, 2015.
12. World Bank. Vietnam food safety risks management: challenges and opportunities—policy note (English). Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group, 2017
13. Davies PR. One world, one health: the threat of emerging swine diseases. A North American perspective. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2012; 59:18–26. doi: 10.1111/j.1865-1682.2012.01312.x 25471242
14. WHO. Guidelines on use of medically important antimicrobials in food-producing animals. Geneva, Switzerland. 2017. Available at https://www.who.int/foodsafety/areas_work/antimicrobial-resistance/cia_guidelines/en/
15. Kim DP, Saegerman C, Douny C, Dinh TV, Xuan BH, Vu BD, et al. First survey on the use of antibiotics in pig and poultry production in the Red River Delta region of Vietnam. Food and Public Health. 2013; 3(5):247–56. doi: 10.5923/j.fph.20130305.03
16. Nguyen KV, Do NTT, Chandna A, Nguyen TV, Van Pham C, Doan PM, et al. Antibiotic Use and Resistance in Emerging Economies: A Situation Analysis for Viet Nam. BMC Public Health. 2013; 13(1):1158. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-13-1158 24325208
17. Van TT, Chin J, Chapman T, Tran LT, Coloe PJ. Safety of raw meat and shellfish in Vietnam: an analysis of Escherichia coli isolations for antibiotic resistance and virulence genes. Int J Food Microbiol. 2008; 124(3):217–23. doi: 10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2008.03.029 18457892
18. Cassou E, Steven MJ, Ru J. The challenge of agricultural pollution: evidence from China, Vietnam, and the Philippines. 2018. World Bank Group. Washington, D.C. Available at http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/822461516594984437/Main-report. doi: 10.1596/978-1-4648-1201-9
19. Tuyet-Hanh TT, Sinh DX, Phuc PD, Ngan TT, Van Tuat C, Grace D, et al. Exposure assessment of chemical hazards in pork meat, liver, and kidney, and health impact implication in Hung Yen and Nghe An provinces, Vietnam. Int J Public Health. 2017; 62(1):75–82. doi: 10.1007/s00038-016-0912-y 27815565
20. National Assembly. Law on Animal Husbandry, 32/2018/QH14 (2018). Available at https://thukyluat.vn/vb/luat-chan-nuoi-2018-563da.html. Accessed March 15 2019.
21. Lapar M, Tiongco M. Private standards in pork value chains: Role, impact and potential for local innovation to improve food safety and enhance smallholder competitiveness. Farm Policy J. 2011; 8(3):39–53.
22. MARD. Statistics of Animal Farming (Thong ke chan nuoi) 1.4.2018-Department of Agriculture, Forrestry, and Fisheries Hanoi. Available from: http://channuoivietnam.com/thong-ke-chan-nuoi/tk-chan-nuoi/. Accessed March 3 2019.
23. Thrusfield M. Veterinary Epidemiology. 3rd Edition ed. Oxford: Blackwell Science; 2007.