1. World Health Organization. International classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF). Geneva, Switzerland. World Health Organization, 2001.
2. Leonardi M, Bickenbach J, Ustun TB, Kostanjsek N, Chatterji S. The definition of disability: what is in a name? The Lancet. 2006 Oct 7;368(9543):1219–21.
3. Situational Analysis of Elderly in India. Central Statistics Office Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation Government of India, [Internet] 2011. [cited 2018 Dec 2] Available from: http://mospi.nic.in/mospi_new/upload/elderly_in_india.pdf
4. Ingle GK, Nath A. Geriatric Health in India: Concerns and Solutions. Indian J Community Med Off Publ Indian Assoc Prev Soc Med. 2008 Oct;33(4):214–8.
5. National Sample Survey Organisation. Disabled Persons in India. Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation; 2003.
6. Saikia N, Bora JK, Jasilionis D, Shkolnikov VM. Disability Divides in India: Evidence from the 2011 Census. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2016 Aug 4 [cited 2018 Sep 25];11(8). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4973875/
7. Awasthi A, Pandey CM, Dubey M, Rastogi S. Trends, prospects and deprivation index of disability in India: Evidences from census 2001 and 2011. Disabil Health J. 2017;10(2):247–56. doi: 10.1016/j.dhjo.2016.10.011 27876288
8. Velayutham B, Kangusamy B, Joshua V, Mehendale S. The prevalence of disability in elderly in India—Analysis of 2011 census data. Disabil Health J. 2016;9(4):584–92. doi: 10.1016/j.dhjo.2016.04.003 27174073
9. Ramadass S, Rai S, Gupta S, Kant S, Wadhwa S, Sood M, et al. Prevalence of disability and its association with sociodemographic factors and quality of life in India: A systematic review. J Fam Med Prim Care. 2018 Dec 1;7(6):1177–84.
10. Washington Group on Disability Statistics [Internet]. Washington Group on disability statistics. [cited 2019 Mar 29]. Available from: http://www.washingtongroup-disability.com/
11. Chakrabarty D, Mandal PK, Manna N, Mallik S, Ghosh P, Chatterjee C, et al. Functional disability and associated chronic conditions among geriatric populations in a rural community of India. Ghana Med J [Internet]. 2010 Jan 1 [cited 2018 Dec 2];44(4). Available from: https://www.ajol.info/index.php/gmj/article/view/68913
12. Paul SS, Abraham VJ. How healthy is our geriatric population? a community-based cross-sectional study. J Fam Med Prim Care. 2015;4(2):221–5.
13. Gupta S, Yadav R, Malhotra A. Assessment of physical disability using Barthel index among elderly of rural areas of district Jhansi (U.P), India. J Fam Med Prim Care. 2016;5(4):853–65.
14. Gupta P, Mani K, Rai S, Nongkynrih B, Gupta S. Functional disability among elderly persons in a rural area of Haryana. Indian J Public Health. 2014;58(1):11–16. doi: 10.4103/0019-557X.128155 24748351
15. Sulania A, Khandekar J, Nagesh S. Burden and correlates of disability and functional impairment in an urban community. Int J Med Public Health. 2015;5(1):82–90.
16. Singh A, Bairwa M, Goel S, Bypareddy R, Mithra P. Prevalence and Predictors of Unmet Needs among the Elderly Residents of the rural Field Practice Area of a Tertiary Care Centre from Northern India. Malays J Med Sci. 2016;23(5):44–50. doi: 10.21315/mjms2016.23.5.6 27904424
17. Venkatarao T, Ezhil R, Jabbar S, Ramkrishnam R. Prevalence of disability and handicaps in geriatric population in rural south India. Indian J Public Health. 2005;49(1):11–17. 15989154
18. Joshi K, Kumar R, Avasthi A. Morbidity profile and its relationship with disability and psychological distress among elderly people in Northern India. Int J Epidemiol. 2003 Dec;32(6):978–87. doi: 10.1093/ije/dyg204 14681260
19. Madden RH, Dune T, Lukersmith S, Hartley S, Kuipers P, Gargett A, et al. The relevance of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) in monitoring and evaluating Community-based Rehabilitation (CBR). Disabil Rehabil. 2014;36(10):826–37. doi: 10.3109/09638288.2013.821182 23944180
20. World Health Organization, World Bank, editors. World report on disability. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2011. 325 p.
21. Álvarezz AS. The application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health in psychiatry: possible reasons for the lack of implementation. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012 Feb;91(13 Suppl 1):S69–73.
22. Üstün TB, editor. Measuring health and disability: manual for WHO Disability Assessment Schedule WHODAS 2.0. Geneva, Switzerland. World Health Organization; 2010. 90 p.
23. Imam AUK, Banerjee UK. Urbanisation and greening of Indian cities: Problems, practices, and policies. Ambio. 2016 May;45(4):442–57. doi: 10.1007/s13280-015-0763-4 26768899
24. Jain M, Knieling J, Taubenböck H. Urban transformation in the National Capital Territory of Delhi, India: The emergence and growth of slums? Habitat Int. 2015 Aug 1;48:87–96.
25. Yenneti K, Wei YD, Chen W. The urbanization of poverty in India: Spatio-temporal disparities in consumption expenditures. Geogr Rev. 2017;107(2):360–83.
26. Agarwal A, Lubet A, Mitgang E, Mohanty S, Bloom D. Population Aging in India: Facts, Issues, and Options. 2016. PGDA Working Paper No. 132.
27. Checkley W, Ghannem H, Irazola V, Kimaiyo S, Levitt NS, Miranda JJ, et al. Management of Noncommunicable Disease in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Glob Heart. 2014 Dec;9(4):431–43. doi: 10.1016/j.gheart.2014.11.003 25592798
28. Ahamed Golandaj J, Goli S, Chandra Das K. Living arrangements among older population and perceptions on old age assistance among adult population in India. Int J Sociol Soc Policy. 2013 Jun 14;33(5/6):367–79.
29. Samanta T, Chen F, Vanneman R. Living Arrangements and Health of Older Adults in India. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2015 Nov;70(6):937–47. doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbu164 25452403
30. Almazán-Isla J, Comín-Comín M, Damián J, Alcalde-Cabero E, Ruiz C, Franco E, et al. Analysis of disability using WHODAS 2.0 among the middle-aged and elderly in Cinco Villas, Spain. Disabil Health J. 2014 Jan;7(1):78–87. doi: 10.1016/j.dhjo.2013.08.004 24411511
31. Sinalkar D, Kunwar R, Kunte R, Balte M. A cross-sectional study of gender differentials in disability assessed on World Health Organization Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0 among rural elderly of Maharashtra. Med J Dr Patil Univ. 2015;8(5):594–601
32. Virués-Ortega J, de Pedro-Cuesta J, Seijo-Martínez M, Saz P, Sánchez-Sánchez F, Rojo-Pérez F, et al. Prevalence of disability in a composite≥ 75 year-old population in Spain: a screening survey based on the International Classification of Functioning. BMC Public Health. 2011;11(1):1–9.
33. Forjaz MJ, Rodriguez-Blazquez C, Ayala A, Rodriguez-Rodriguez V, de Pedro-Cuesta J, Garcia-Gutierrez S, et al. Chronic conditions, disability, and quality of life in older adults with multimorbidity in Spain. Eur J Intern Med. 2015 Apr;26(3):176–81. doi: 10.1016/j.ejim.2015.02.016 25724771